The three interactive discovery centres are so jam-packed with exciting things to do that you will want to visit again and again! There is lots to do for families (little kids and big kids too!).
In Discover Art get in touch with your artistic side. Help create a giant piece of artwork or have a go at making something to take home. There are games to play and puzzles to solve and at the same time make discoveries about art and artists.
In Discover Nature be thrilled by the wonders of nature. Handle real bones, fossils, shells and gemstones and see a real dinosaur egg. Examine the fine detail of exotic butterflies and beetles under the microscope then find the animals hiding in our tree. Don’t forget to use the binoculars to discover nature on our doorstep.
In Discover History dig deep into history, archaeology and world cultures. You can be an archaeologist, rebuild pots and skulls, explore how our homes have changed, dress like a Victorian and write like an Ancient Egyptian.
Plan your visit by downloading the Kids' explorer map (PDF 1.7MB) and the Ulster Museum Adult Map (PDF 286KB). Maps are also available in other languages on the museum maps page.
Get a closer look at kids (and big kids too!) having fun learning through play by clicking on photographs above. Remember, our discovery demonstrators will be on hand to help and answer all your questions during your visit.
The interactive discovery centres are:
- Free to visit during normal museum opening times.
- Please note that centres may close at times for special workshops, booked school groups.
- Due to booked workshops there will be the following closures this week;
- The Discovery Centres close from 1pm-2pm every day.
- You may contact the museum in advance to confirm opening times on your planned day of arrival by calling +44 (0) 28 9044 0000.