The Ulster Museum benefits from the financial commitment of the Friends to its development and future success. Pictured right are Friends of the Ulster Museum on a visit to Beaulieu House.
Benefits of becoming a Friend:
- As a Friend you will be invited to attend special previews of major exhibitions, to enjoy the relaxed atmosphere and the opportunity to make new friends.
- We organise both daytime and evening talks and lectures given by experts on topics relating to the Museum’s collections.
- If you enjoy visiting museums and sites of historic interest and natural beauty, the Friends regular programme of outings will be of particular interest to you. Trips afford Friends access to places not normally open to the public.
- Each spring the Friends organise a culture tour. In recent years we have visited Bath, Cumbria, Glasgow and Lanarkshire, the Burren, Wexford and Oxford. In 2012 we will be visiting North Wales. These are always friendly and informative occasions.
- There are several themed events during the year. Recent ones have covered linen, glass and conservation.
- Friends of the Museum receive regular information on Museum events and lectures. In addition you receive details of the Friends activity programme and the Friends Newsletter.
Appreciating The Arts Together – takes place on selected afternoons throughout the season:
Ulster Museum Friends Programme of events 2012/13
|Tuesday 18th September
||Visit to House and Garden
||Montalto House and Garden
|Tuesday 23rd October
||Tour of Royal Ulster Academy Exhibition
|Thursday 15th November
Monday 10th December
Thursday 24th January
||To be arranged
|Tuesday 12th March
||Lagan Legacy Museum
|Friday 19th April
||Castle Upton and Broughshane Rural Museum
||Galway and Connemara
|Wednesday 5th June
|Tuesday 18th June
||Annual General Meeting
Full details of all programme events will be mailed to members. Please note that the programme may be subject to change, depending upon circumstances. Some events may have to be limited spaces.
Friends of the Ulster Museum
Tel +44 (0)28 9044 0015