09:30 - 16:30, Fri 16 May 2014
Wildlife training courses by renowned experts from around Britain and Ireland
Spider Identification Workshop
Location: Training Room, Cultra Manor, Ulster Folk and Transport Museum
Stephen Foster and Damian McFerran will provide an introduction to the diverse range of spiders to be found in your home, garden and wildlife habitats beyond. Guidance will be given on spider finding techniques and the use of cameras and microscopes to aid in their identification.
Centre for Environmental Data and Recording (CEDaR) Training Courses are aimed at anyone interested in wildlife. It is hoped that attendees will become wildlife recorders; recording what they see around them and submitting their records to CEDaR Online Recording – www.habitas.org.uk/records.
- These are adult education courses and not suitable for young children. Anyone under 18 attending must be accompanied by an adult.
- This course is suitable for beginners.
- Suitable clothing and footwear for outdoor fieldwork is essential.
- Please bring a hand lens, digital camera and a beating tray or old umbrella if you have them.
- Feel free to bring a packed lunch, although a café is available on site.
For further information, contact Pauline Campbell, CEDaR Database Officer:
This course is free of charge but booking in advance is essential. To book click "Buy Tickets" and complete the registration process.
Centre for Environmental Data and Recording (CEDaR)
Environmental Recorders' Group Grant Fund