09:30 - 16:30, Saturday 9 August 2014
Wildlife training courses by renowned experts from around Britain and Ireland
Dragonfly and Damselfly Identification Course SOLD OUT
Location: Education Room, Peatlands Park, Dungannon, Co. Armagh
Dr Brian Nelson will use the newly published Guide to the Dragonflies and Damselflies of Ireland to help us identify species of Damselfly and Dragonfly found at Peatlands Park. This course will focus on late-flying species associated with the ponds and bog habitat within the park. We will mostly be on well surfaced paths and boardwalks but footwear suitable for wet ground is advised.
Centre for Environmental Data and Recording (CEDaR) Training Courses are aimed at anyone interested in wildlife. It is hoped that attendees will become wildlife recorders; recording what they see around them and submitting their records to CEDaR Online Recording – www.habitas.org.uk/records.
- These are adult education courses and not suitable for young children. Anyone under 18 attending must be accompanied by an adult.
- This course is suitable for beginners.
- Bring along your net if you have one.
- Suitable clothing and footwear for outdoor fieldwork is essential.
- Please bring a packed lunch as there is no café available on site.
For further information, contact Pauline Campbell, CEDaR Database Officer:
Tickets are £20 per person. Booking in advance is essential. To book please click "Buy Tickets" on this page.
Centre for Environmental Data and Recording (CEDaR)
Environmental Recorders' Group Grant Fund