09:30 - 16:30, Tue 23 Sep 2014 - Wed 24 Sep 2014
Wildlife training courses by renowned experts from around Britain and Ireland
Bryophyte Identification Workshop SOLD OUT
Location: Residential Centre, Ulster American Folk Park, Omagh, Co. Tyrone
This workshop will introduce participants to the skills required for bryophyte (moss and liverwort) identification. We will look at the key identification features of bryophytes, learn how to use a field key and visit a peatland and woodland site to look at bryophytes in the field.
Centre for Environmental Data and Recording (CEDaR) Training Courses are aimed at anyone interested in wildlife. It is hoped that attendees will become wildlife recorders; recording what they see around them and submitting their records to CEDaR Online Recording – www.habitas.org.uk/records.
- These are adult education courses and not suitable for young children. Anyone under 18 attending must be accompanied by an adult.
- This course is suitable for beginners and intermediates.
- Suitable clothing and footwear for outdoor fieldwork is essential.
- One night B&B in shared dormitories, two lunches and one evening meal are included with this course; bedding is provided but please bring your own towel.
- Please bring a hand lens if you have one (x10 or x20), notebook, paper to make collecting packets.
- If you have any special requirements please contact Pauline Campbell.
For further information, contact Pauline Campbell, CEDaR Database Officer:
Tickets are £50 per person. Booking in advance is essential. To book please click "Buy Tickets" on this page.
Centre for Environmental Data and Recording (CEDaR)
Environmental Recorders' Group Grant Fund
British Bryological Society (BBS)