Saturday 16 August 2014 09:30
Wildlife training courses by renowned experts from around Britain and Ireland
Introduction to Grasshoppers and related insects
Location: Education Room, Roe Valley Country Park, Dogleap Road, Limavady, Co. Londonderry
The course will provide introduction to the species of grasshopper and related insects found in Ireland. Part of the day will be spent in the field looking for and listening for the locally-found species. The aim is to increase observers confidence in providing records of this poorly recorded group.
Centre for Environmental Data and Recording (CEDaR) Training Courses are aimed at anyone interested in wildlife. It is hoped that attendees will become wildlife recorders; recording what they see around them and submitting their records to CEDaR Online Recording – www.habitas.org.uk/records.
- These are adult education courses and not suitable for young children. Anyone under 18 attending must be accompanied by an adult.
- This course is suitable for beginners.
- Suitable clothing and footwear for outdoor fieldwork is essential.
- Please bring your net if you have one.
- Tea/coffee will be served in the Cafe from 9.30am before a 10am start in
- Please feel free to bring a packed lunch, although a café is available on site.
For further information, contact Pauline Campbell, CEDaR Database Officer:
Tickets are £20 per person. Booking in advance is essential. To book please click "Buy Tickets" on this page.
Centre for Environmental Data and Recording (CEDaR)
Environmental Recorders' Group Grant Fund
Orthopteroids of the British Isles Recording Scheme